Basically, a dishwasher is a robot that cleans and rinses dirty dishes. Humans have to load the dishes, add detergent, set the proper washing cycles and turn it on, but the dishwasher accomplishes a whole series of functions by itself.
What Dishwashers Do:
- Adds water
- Heats the water to the appropriate temperature
- Automatically opens the detergent dispenser at the right time
- Shoots the water through jets to get the dishes clean
- Drains the dirty water
- Sprays more water on the dishes to rinse them
- Drains itself again
- Heats the air to dry the dishes off, if the user has selected that setting
In addition, dishwashers monitor themselves to make sure everything is running properly. A timer (or a small computer) regulates the length of each cycle. A sensor detects the water and air ≠temperature to prevent the dishwasher from overheating or damaging your dishes. Another sensor can tell if the water level gets too high and activates the draining function to keep the dishwasher from overflowing. Some dishwashers even have sensors that can detect the dirtiness of the water coming from the dishes. When the water is clear enough, the dishwasher knows the dishes are clean.
Top 5 Reasons Dishwashers Don’t Clean Properly
- Water not hot enough – it should be at least 140 degrees.
- Old detergent that is not melting.
- Not properly draining due to a plugged drain or plugged air gap.
- Large objects obstructing the wash arms so they can not rotate properly.
- Too much soap. Over time the excess soap can build up and cause trouble. Run the machine empty and check mid cycle to see if there is evidence of soap in the water. If so repeat until the excess is gone.
A1 All City Appliance of San Antonio TX can fix most brands and models of dishwashers including Kenmore, Whirlpool, General Electric, KitchenAid, Miele, Frigidaire, Bosche, and Maytag. We repair most dishwasher problems including poor draining, unclean dishes, loud noises and cycle irregularities. For fast, reliable professional dishwasher repair service call A1 All City Appliance.
We service all major brands, such as:
- Kenmore dishwashers
- Whirlpool dishwashers
- Maytag dishwashers
- GE dishwashers
- Miele dishwashers
- KitchenAid dishwashers
- Frigidaire dishwashers
- Bosche dishwashers
- and many more
Services: All major appliance repair in San Antonio TX including
- Refrigerator Repair
- Washing Machine Repair
- Dryer Repair
- Stove Repair | Oven Repair
- Freezer Repair
- Dishwasher Repair
- Ice Maker Repair
- Garbage Disposal Repair
Servicing the following areas:
San Antonio, Cibolo, Schertz, Universal City, Helotes, Boerne, Leon Valley, Bulverde, Windcrest, New Braunfels, Live Oak, Bexar County and your neighborhood!
WHEN YOU’RE LOOKING FOR AN HONEST, RELIABLE AND AFFORDABLE DISHWASHER REPAIR COMPANY . . .
CALL A1 All City Appliance
FOR ALL YOUR MAJOR APPLIANCE REPAIR NEEDS!