Frequently Asked/Common Questions
We have compiled a list of the more frequently asked and common questions we receive, but please feel free to contact us with any additional questions you may have.
Here are some things to think about on that subject. Is the appliance in good mechanical condition (other than the current problem)? Is the appliance in good cosmetic condition, no dents or scratches? Are there any strange odors or evidence of rust? Are there any funny noises or leaks? What is the normal useful life of the appliance and how old is it?
Although there are exceptions, we generally do not recommend that you invest more than half of the replacement cost in repairing an appliance. For that reason, it is a good idea to scout out the replacement cost before getting too far into the repair. Here are some things to think about when considering the total cost of replacement. First, consider the cost (plus tax) of a new appliance. Next, consider the cost of disposing of the old appliance, and finally, the cost of installing the new appliance. On many built-in products such as refrigerators or dishwashers, there are often custom door panels involved. Will your old panels fit the new unit? Can you find a new unit that will fit in the current installation without necessary modifications?
If we can extend the useful life of your appliance another two years or more, it is often actually more economical to repair the old unit then to replace it. We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity in our service. We will always tell you what we think is in your best interest.
The most common reasons for dishwashers not getting things clean are:
1) Water is not hot enough – it should be at least 140 degrees.
2) Old detergent that has caked up and is not melting during the wash cycle.
3) Water not properly draining due to a plugged drain or plugged air gap.
4) Large objects obstructing the wash arms so they can not rotate properly during the wash cycle.
5) Too much soap is being used. Over time the excess soap can build up and cause trouble. Run the machine empty and check mid-cycle to see if there is evidence of soap in the water. If so repeat until the excess is gone.
We offer a 90-day service warranty on our work.
We currently offer a 10% discount to Seniors, Military Members, and USAA Employees. Please remember to provide this information to us in advance. See our current offers.
We do. Additionally, we service a lot of the surrounding areas as well. Give us a call to see if we service your area.
Contact Us Today About Your Appliance
WE OFFER SAME-DAY APPLIANCE REPAIR WHEN SCHEDULED BEFORE NOON.